78 GOLD

78 GOLD

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

1977: First start attempt

So attempting to do a first start on the '77 got me worried.  I thought that maybe the pistons had seized because when I went to use the kick start it wouldn't budge.  I poured some marvel mystery oil down the spark plug holes and let it sit for a couple of days.  But the thing still wouldn't budge.  Then a brilliant idea came into my head.  Spray some WD-40 on the kick start arm ...That thing freed up in seconds and I was able to move the motor with little effort...still wouldn't start...but at least the pistons weren't seized.

So I stalled a new 30amp fuze line and I need to look at the spark plugs and starter motor to see what is going on...but shouldn't be long now and this Wing will be on the road again!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment